Jiggle & Jam's Juniors class
Our Juniors classes (for preschool children aged 3 to 4 yrs) develop key musical skills, a strong singing voice, bags of confidence and a lifelong love of music-making!
Each class is packed with fun & imaginative singing games based on the world-renowned Kodaly Approach (establishing musicality through the voice) & Dalcroze Eurythmics (musicality & rhythm through body movement).
Classes are small (maximum of 9 children) so that each child can receive the time and attention they need to develop their musical skills, and gain confidence, at their own individual pace. In this way, children at Juniors:
- develop their singing voice, rhythm & body coordination
- build their confidence & experience the joy of music-making
- play exciting stringed and percussion instruments such as ukulele, kantele (Finnish lap harp), djembe drum, handbells & slentho
- develop their 'inner ear' (ability to 'hear' and pitch notes & tunes 'in their head' - the absolute key to good musicianship!)
- develop good listening skills via musical movement to a range of classical and traditional/folk music
- learn the basics of reading music in a fun, pictoral form. Children will also be encouraged to improvise & even compose!
Juniors adopts Jiggle & Jam's trademark PHYSICALLY ACTIVE, FUN & IMAGINATIVE approach (storylines, puppets, props, movement etc) with pace & content designed specifically for this age group, fully inclusive & accessible for all levels of ability, particularly suited to children with an enthusiasm for singing and music.
Juniors focuses on nurturing musicality (giving children a head start if they decide to learn an instrument when they are older), but there are MANY more benefits!