Our Juniors classes (for children aged 3 to 4 years) help develop key musical skills, a strong singing voice, bags of confidence and a lifelong love of music-making!
Each class is packed with fun & imaginative singing games based on the world-renowned Kodaly Approach (establishing musicality through the voice) & Dalcroze Eurythmics (musicality & rhythm through body movement) .
Classes are small (maximum of 10 children) so that each child can receive the time and attention they need to develop their musical skills, and gain confidence, at their own individual pace. In this way, children at Juniors:
• develop their singing voice, rhythm & body coordination
• build their confidence & experience the joy of music-making
• play exciting stringed and percussion instruments such as the kantele (Finnish lap harp), ukulele, accordion, boomwackers, handbells & slentho (Indonesian gamelan percussion) and piano
• learn the basics of 'solfa' (do-re-mi) singing and ta/ti-ti system of rhythm
• develop their 'inner ear' (ability to 'hear' and pitch notes & tunes 'in their head' - the key to good musicianship!)
• develop good listening skills via musical movement to a range of classical and traditional/folk music
• learn the basics of reading music in a fun, pictoral form. Children will also be encouraged to improvise & even compose!
Juniors adopts Jiggle & Jam's trademark PHYSICALLY ACTIVE, FUN & IMAGINATIVE approach (storylines, puppets, props, movement etc) with pace & content designed specifically for this age group, fully inclusive & accessible for all levels of ability, particularly suited to children with an enthusiasm for singing and music.
Juniors focuses on nurturing musicality (giving children a head start if they decide to learn an instrument when they are older), but there are MANY more benefits!
We currently have one Juniors class for children aged 3 to 4 yrs old (ie. until they start Reception) on Mondays 1.45pm in SW20. Please visit our Timetable & How to Book pages for further info. We hope to add an after-school class for children aged 3-5 yrs old in the near future.